Windsor Ruins

Windsor Ruins is located about 10 miles southwest of Port Gibson near Alcorn State University. The ruins consist of 23 standing Corinthian columns of the largest antebellum Greek Revival mansion ever built in the state.The mansion stood from 1861 to 1890, when it was destroyed by fire on the third floor from a lit cigar. The 2.1-acre site was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971 and was designated a Mississippi Landmark in 1985. Windsor's ruins has appeared in both Raintree County (1957) and Ghosts of Mississippi (1996) motion pictures.
1 of 1


  • Copyright ©2019, Visit Natchez. All Rights Reserved.
  • Powered by  
Back to
Top