This Fall is the perfect time to make your trip to historic Natchez finally. With fun, delicious restaurants, exciting weekend festivals, live music, and gorgeous views of the Mighty Mississippi River, you will Fall in love with Natchez. We will give you a sneak peek into what to do, where to eat, and the cant-miss events in the Little Easy.
- Grand Fall Pilgrimage – September 25- October 23
Choose from a selection of meticulously kept historic houses, intriguing stories, and special events.
- Balloon Fest Weekend – October 15-17, 2021
The third weekend of October is the annual Balloon Festival Weekend, where you can get up close and personal with Hot Air Balloons. Pilots come from all over the country to fly over the Mississippi River in Natchez. The weekend is centered around live music, fair food, chasing hot air balloons, and family fun. The music lineup will be announced this summer, so stay tuned!
- Y'All Means All – Natchez – October 21-23, 2021
This entire weekend is dedicated to celebrating LGBTQ+ individuals and supporters for a series of social and fun events. The weekend kicks off with Drag BINGO at EPYK Natchez on Thursday night, a Welcome Cocktail Party at The Burn and after-party at Natchez Manor on Friday, and a concert featuring international Drag Star Nina West on Saturday. Y'All Means All- Natchez is a non-profit organization that raises funds for mental health services and suicide prevention.
- Longwood Afternoon Music Fest – October 30, 2021 This one-day music fest is located on the grounds of iconic Longwood and features talented southern rock musicians, kid's activities, delicious food and refreshing beverages. This is an entire day the whole family can enjoy! Bring your chairs and dancing shoes!
Where to Eat: No matter what weekend you pick this Fall, there will be a fun time to be had! We know that you will work up an appetite with all these activities, so we've outlined a couple of our favorite local restaurants just for you!
- County Pie- Dig into unique hot oven-fired pizza, spicy buffalo sandwiches, stacked burgers, and a selection of substantial fresh salads, plus they have $5 Frose' on Fridays – we'll meet you there
- Magnolia Grill- Watch the River float on by as you enjoy your favorite seafood dishes, juicy prime steaks, and sharable starters. Oh, and pro-tip, save room for dessert; they have a homemade Bread Pudding with a warm bourbon sauce that is out of this world!
- Rolling River Reloaded- One of the newest additions to the downtown flavor profile, Rolling River Reloaded, is your go-to for delectable soul food with creative twists, giving you a true "Soulful Southern Experience." We recommend the entire menu, but some of our favorites include the crispy Fried Porkchop, Seafood Gumbo, Candied Yams, and Cornbread. We could go on and on, but you get it! Fill your belly and your soul!